Spartanburg County School District Six and Dorman High School are pleased to announce that the commencement ceremony for the Class of 2020 will be held Thursday, May 28th, at 8:00 pm, in Cavalier Stadium. After careful planning and consideration, we have decided to celebrate the Dorman Class of 2020 with an in-person graduation and the opportunity to walk across the stage. Based on COVID-19 guidance from Governor Henry McMaster, the state department and medical professionals, District Six will implement several safety measures in the best interest of everyone in attendance.
“Important Safety Measures”
1. Each graduate will receive two tickets. The graduation will be live-streamed to allow other family members and friends the opportunity to view this momentous occasion.
2. Graduates will be seated at least six feet apart across the Cavalier Stadium football field. Cavalier Stadium holds more than 11,000 people which will allow for plenty of social distancing.
3. Each visitor will be required to sit in pre-marked areas that are at least six feet apart. Cavalier Stadium
4. District Six will provide sanitation stations throughout Cavalier Stadium.
5. No guests will be allowed on the field after the graduation ceremony. Graduates and guests should refrain from gathering in groups on campus areas including the parking lots, restrooms, and concession areas.
6. Graduates will walk across the stage and receive their diploma covers. No handshaking will take place. Diplomas will be distributed at a later date. We will provide additional details at a later date.
7. A seating chart will be provided to each graduate in the senior packet. It will also be placed on Dorman High School's website for parents and guests to access.
8. Guests will be encouraged to wear masks. We will provide three masks to each student in the senior packets.
9. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to Friday, May 29th at 8 pm.