Social Media Guidelines
The Office of Communications for Spartanburg School District Six uses social media to share information about the district, schools, students, and employees and to engage in conversations with our stakeholders.
Spartanburg School District Six utilizes social media as a means of enhancing existing communication strategies and celebrating students, staff and school achievement. It also allows us to facilitate transparency, interactivity and collaboration with our students, staff, parents and community members. Your thoughts, questions and comments and look forward to interacting with our community as partners in education. When using our social media pages, please make sure your comments are appropriate for an educational environment and for fans of all ages. In order to provide our families with the privacy and individual attention they deserve, we ask that personal issues be handled directly with the school or district office...and not posted on social media pages. We will remove inappropriate remarks or remarks containing profanity. We reserve the right to delete and/or report all comments that:
1. Contain abusive, hateful, racial, defamatory or inappropriate language or statements.
2. Suggest or encourage illegal activity.
3. Are of commercial nature (i.e. advertisements, solicitations)
4. Violate copyright and fair use laws. Please give credit where it is due and recognize the source when publishing other's content.
5. Do not show consideration for the privacy of others, including identifying students or staff members.
6. Contain political campaign messages, including support or opposition of ballot measures or political candidates.
7. Are considered likely to offend of provoke others.
8. Are not factual. Please be accurate and verify your facts before you post.
We also reserve the right to ban users who violate these guidelines. Our intention is not to deprive any person of his or her right to freedom of expression, but to maintain a safe, harassment-free environment for our students and staff.
All comments related to district business will be considered public record, subject to disclosure upon request, including those that are removed. All activity on this page will be archived so that it can be available for any public disclosure or other legal requests.
On Twitter, “follow” the district here.
On YouTube, just “subscribe” here.